Spiced Rum Caramel Coconut Bark
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tblsp. Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum
- 1 (10 oz.) bag Ghirardelli’s 60% cacoa bittersweet chocolate baking chips, divided
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes (I used Mound’s brand), toasted
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 5 oz. white chocolate, melted
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat; add sugar, corn syrup, and milk. Stir mixture and continue heating until the mixture reaches 244 degrees F. on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat and stir in spiced rum. Spread 3/4 of the chocolate chips on a baking pan; top with caramel, coconut and walnuts. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips; gently press into the caramel. Drizzle with melted white chocolate. Allow mixture to cool until set. You can put it in the refrigerator to speed up this process. Cut into squares and enjoy.
Pro Tip for the white chocolate drizzle: I like to put the melted chocolate into a plastic re-sealable bag and cut a very small hole in a bottom corner with a scissors and drizzle. You can also use a piping bag with a small round tip.
Check out our video below to see an in-action view: